Speech therapy is the field of rehabilitation which deals with assessment and intervention of different problems associated with communication and speech disorders. At Ideal Therapy in Fayetteville, GA Speech therapy sessions are provided by certified professionals who are known as SLPs (speech-language pathologists) or speech therapists.
Indications of speech therapy:
Speech therapy is indicated for problems as:
- Articulation disorders: Problems associated with articulation (making) of sounds or incorrect words, which makes it difficult for listeners to understand it.
- Dysarthria: Unclear or confusing speech articulation
- Aphasia: It is a language impairment that affects the comprehension and production of speech and thus affects the ability to write and even read.
- Cognitive and communication disorders: Problems associated with communication skills, problem-solving, regulation, organization, perception, attention, and memory
- Resonance disorders: Problems related to quality, pitch, and volume of voice Such as pain for children while they try to speak.
- Receptive disorders: Problems with processing and understanding of language
- Fluency disorders: Problems associated with stuttering, partial repetition of words, prolonging syllables and sounds
- Expressive disorders: Problems related to the limitation in vocabulary and being unable to put words together and interacting socially
- Autism: Problems associated with difficulties in communication and social interaction in the community
- Developmental delays: when a child is unable to develop according to his/her age.
- Respiratory problems
- Swallowing and feeding disorders
- The weakness of oral muscles
- Hearing impairments
- Speech disorders which may develop in childhood
- Stroke leading to speech impairments
- TBI (traumatic brain injury)
Activities for speech therapy
In speech and language therapy, SLPs work with children one to one or either in small groups for overcoming the problems. Physical therapy at Ideal Therapy in Fayetteville, GA, is based on care, dedication, and professionalism.
Strategies used by these professionals are as follows:
- Articulation therapy: This therapy is associated with sound production or articulation exercises. These play activities are often appropriate to age and related to the individual needs of the children.
- Oral motor therapy: SLPs use several oral exercises, which include jaw exercises, lip, tongue exercise, and facial massage, for strengthening the muscles of swallowing, drinking, and eating. SLPs can also introduce several textures of food and temperature for increasing the awareness and wellness of children for swallowing and eating.
- Language intervention activities: These activities include interaction with children by playing with them using pictures, objects, and books for stimulation of their language and development. SLPs focus on the correction of vocabulary, grammar, and use exercises for building language skills.
Best physical therapy clinic in Fayetteville, GA for speech therapy
Ideal Therapy in Fayetteville, GA, is the best physical therapy clinic for speech therapy. Physical therapists in Fayetteville, GA, have years of experience in speech therapy. Speech therapy is a long process and is not a quick way to fix the problems. Therefore, proper guidance should be given to parents to encourage their active participation.